Here are the return to play guidelines that DYA Select Softball players, parents, coaches and spectators will follow for the 2020 season.
Softball Guidelines: Dublin Select Softball coaches, players, and spectators will adhere to all guidelines provided by the state of Ohio’s responsible restart provided on site below.
Mannino’s GS3 Additional Guidelines Provided in addition to the back to play guidelines by state of Ohio
- Team Protocol-Each team will have Safety Health Check procedures prior to arrival at field. Coach will have the Daily Health screen document(s) with them at all times to produce if needed.
- The temperature must read below 100.4 or the person may not participate.
- 1 Person or Coach will be designated from each team for foul ball sanitation/ equipment sanitation
- Coaches will designate a DSDFA (Designated Social Distancing Field Administrator) for each game: 1 Person will be designated for each team to enforce social distancing and point out proper spectating areas for their team/spectators only. Each DSDFA (Designated Social Distancing Field Administrator) will work with Home Team to discuss proper areas at each field PRIOR to game. There will be no cross-policing of fans. Each team has their own DSDFA at all games.
- For League Play: Umpire payment will be made thru a Cash AP (Zelle, Venmo, etc) so there is no exchange of cash or envelopes.
- Before the game, watch the sanitation of the game equipment for each team (just like bat checks)
- Masks recommended at all times
- No lineup card exchanges.
- In order to maintain social distancing standards of 6 ft, the dug-out will be extended to outside of the dugout to behind the backstops. This area will be designated for players/coaches/scorekeepers only. This must be at least 6 ft from the backstop.
- Keep equipment separate so as to no cross contamination
- 2-4 guests per player allowed at the venue. We recommend spectators over the age of 65 or considered high risk to not attend the games.
- Parents may sit starting from 1st or 3rd base at a distance of 6 feet all the way out to the outfield fence. That is possibly 20 (120 feet divided by 6 feet) slots on either side to accommodate parents.
- Parents must keep other children with them at all times. We cannot allow for younger siblings to be running around the fields.
- No Tents due to size so that the sidelines may accommodate more families in 6 ft increments.
- From 1st and 3rd to the midpoint of the backstop is off limits to EVERYONE except each teams, athletes, score keeper, Tournament/League Administrators or Coaches may sit there. This creates a socially distancing area that is safe for the coaches and admin and extra players may also locate there.
- NO ONE CAN SIT IN THE STANDS where benches are extended for players use Coaches and scorekeepers.
- Masks, again, are strongly recommended
- Santizer and Lysol funded by DSS and provided to all teams for games and practices
- Camp chairs brought by all players to be arranged 6ft or more apart and used as a target area for that players water and equipment when they are not in the field of play.
- Additional game balls for all teams to be used when their team is in the field of play.
- All waivers required by DYA, City of Dublin, and Manninos must be signed prior to play.
- Umpires will be paid with cash in a sealed envelope or Venmo if available.
- Scorekeepers will also include all coaches present and appropriate start and end times of games in the game book.
- Coach is responsible for Dublin spectators and adhering to these rules as well as those laid out by state of Ohio.
- Coach is responsible for practice attendance start and end times
- Social distance parent volunteer for each game to assist in team chair spacing and general watchdog throughout the game to ensure the players keep social distancing while not on the field of play.
- Coaches to lysol dugout before and after all games and practices.
- Practice water breaks will also include hand sanitizing break.